Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

howdy y'all

I've had a fun adventure over the past few days.
I left Northern Minnesota on Friday to ride down to the cities with a friend.  She is a big blessing to me and an example of how God provides for my needs in ways I couldn't have imagined.  I just met her at church last year, and this was now the second time that she has given me a ride to the cities.  This time I even got to stay overnight at her mom's house, and her mom sent me to the airport with a bag of goodies to eat that she had packed.  Yum. 
On Saturday I flew to Dallas where I got to reconnect with an old friend.  Actually she was one of my youth group leaders when I was in high school, a fantastic lady who gave of her time and effort and made an impact in my life.  I guess the last time I saw my friend and her husband was at their wedding almost 15 years ago.  They took me to see these longhorn cattle statues downtown, I've never been to Dallas before and I thought they were really cool. 

 
 Here's a picture of some pretty awesome kids that I got to hang out with this weekend. 
My final destination was a base a bit out of Dallas.  But I've been thinking about how in travel and in life its good to look at the journey as the destination sometimes.  You know, stop and smell the roses and all that.  Really, I have had a great past few days and I've felt so blessed by my new friend and my old friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment