Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Rascal the WonderDog

I've been taking my dog Rascal (he is my dog in America, my dog in Mali is Teddy) out to play every day that I'm here in Minnesota.  I got Rascal from an animal shelter when I lived in California.  When I left for Africa he became my mom's dog, but I think he still knows deep down that he is my dog.  He is good amusement for my grandma who lives at my mom's house and is always at home.  Its good for her to have Rascal's company, she talks to him and throws toys for him, and they will even play a mild game of tug-of-war now and then.  Grandma gives Rascal a lot of dog treats and bits of food, and my reaction on seeing him when I first got here was "oh no, you've turned him into a sausage!"  He is still as energetic as ever, but I think he needs more exercise to work off all those treats.  So I've been getting out a lot with him.
Sometimes I walk him on a leash or I'll ride my bike and he runs beside me on his leash, sometimes I throw the ball for him off leash in the park, and there are a few nearby trails where he can go off leash and even jump in the river for a swim.  Last Saturday I went to this trail on the river, about 1/2 mile from mom's house with Rascal and my mom.  You can see in the picture that he likes fetching and running around with a big stick, and in the video he jumps and jumps for the stick my mom is holding.  Maybe you think he isn't that amazing, but Rascal's a WonderDog to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment