Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

photo walk: pick 10

A photo walk is exactly what it sounds like, going on a walk and taking photos.  It feels a lot easier to walk around with a camera and take pictures with another person... then we can both look like tourists together! My photographer friend was in town and we went for a photo walk and here are my 10 favorite shots from that outing. 
I didn't take this first photo (obviously!) But the rest I did take.
There is graffiti everywhere, it is often the name of a "gang" of guys who sit to drink tea together.
This gate caught my eye.  It could probably use a new paint job. :)  The wall is made of "banco" mud bricks.
When there isn't indoor plumbing or even an indoor kitchen dishes are washed out in the street.  Pot bottoms need a lot of scrubbing because they are cooked over fire and get all sooty.
Typical neighborhood street scene.
A mini gas station.  Gas can be bought by the liter (in the glass bottles) to keep a motorbike going.
This guy saw me taking pictures and stopped and asked me to take his picture.
This woman was making and selling little fried rice pancake type food.
I love clothes on clothes lines.  When I took a picture of the clothes suddenly all these kids ran over and wanted to be in the picture.
This one is my favorite shot from the evening.  This lady was so happy.  The baby is wearing a homemade crocheted outfit.  This gate could also use some paint, but I think it looks pretty cool.

3 comments: