Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

end of the school year


 We've just finished kids' club for the school year.  The shoebox gifts were finally given to the kids after all.  It seemed safe to give them out on the last day because we will have a break after this, so I don't need to fear having 50 rowdy kids from the neighborhood coming in looking for presents.  In the bottom photo you can see kids holding their shoeboxes in black plastic bags.  We thought it would be better to send the kids home with their boxes hidden like this.  They also didn't open them up at club, which I also think is a brilliant idea that prevented problems.  The only problem I did face was that once the kids left, women with babies came looking for me to ask if they could have a box for their babies.  The presents weren't meant for babies, and we only had a limited amount, so I had to say no.  I hate being the mean guy, but you can't make everyone happy all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment