Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

cool/uncool

cool = being the teacher who brings cake to class for her students
uncool = having to walk and carry a cake by hand for 20 minutes to get to school, in the 2:30pm blazing African sun
slightly better but still not cool = taking 2 cakes to school by motorcycle, balanced on the gas tank in front of me with my knees keeping them from falling (yes, while wearing an ankle-length skirt and sandals - I've got some serious skill)
Oh, the interesting things I get to do! 

2 comments:

  1. so, you're taking the moto a bit now, eh? Was it frosted, the cake, not the moto? how did the cake(s) fare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If JP isn't using it, I drive the moto within our neighborhood, I don't take it on any of the busy highways. The cake wasn't frosted, many Africans I know think frosting is yucky and too sweet. The cakes did fine, like I said I have skills! :)

    ReplyDelete