Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

monkey business

Twice a month there is a small English meeting at a guesthouse.  It is nice to be able to get to know others this way, and nice to have an evening in English sometimes.  There is a monkey, Bella, who lives at the guesthouse (outside the guesthouse) and I am pretty fascinated by her.  I am fascinated, but at the same time I am a bit afraid of her.
I saw a thing on tv once about these crazy people who have pet monkeys - some of them dress them in clothes and treat them like their babies.  The program showed how some people would have these monkeys for years with no problem, and then suddenly one day the monkey would go crazy and bite their owner's face off.  It was pretty disturbing.
In the bottom photo the monkey is checking my friend's leg for bugs or at least lint to pick off.  Some people let Bella sit on their shoulder, and then she searches in their hair for bugs.  It is kind of cute, but I don't want to have my face bitten off, so I don't let the monkey climb on me.


1 comment:

  1. hah, hah, hah, hah, hah...that is what I did when I read this Erin! You are so funny.

    ReplyDelete