Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

things to eat in Dakar

Today at lunchtime I wanted to see what was for sale in the neighborhood shop that I might be able to eat. I bought 2 snacks and water. The water cost 5 cents, the snacks were 20 cents each. Senegal borders on the ocean, so imported stuff is way cheaper and more available than in Mali. The snacks were from Turkey, and if they were sold in Koutiala (which they aren’t) they would certainly be a lot more expensive. So I gave them a try. The “Kraker” snack with a picture of cheese was pretty decent. Crispy sticks that while not being cheese flavored at all, were tasty enough that I’d buy them again. The other snack, the “fresh gofy” looked to be some coconut cookie/candybar type thing. I ate one little corner of it and then put it in my purse so I can hand it to the next little boy I see begging in thestreet. Not so good, but the boy I give it to will be happy.
Oh, I also had a sandwich and an orange at lunchtime, just so you don’t think I wasn’t taking care of myself. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're safe and that things are looking abit better in Mali. I pray that you will be able to return home to a safe and stable country very soon. I'm praying for you, JP, and Mali's stability and peace. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

    I've heard you talk about bags of water before but have never seen one until now - interesting.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete