Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

evacuating Mali

Dear friends,
The situation in Mali is not good. We’ve had a coup d’etat, rebels taking towns in the north, and sanctions imposed. Most of my foreign missionary friends have already evacuated and in just a few hours I will leave Koutiala in a car with a couple of Dutch friends. We will try to cross into Senegal and head to Dakar.
Because of sanctions the borders are closed, but we have heard that most borders are letting people leave, they just won’t let shipments of gas or food come into Mali.
This is very hard for me, but I am very encouraged by your prayers and messages. Thank you!
Jean-Patrick is staying in Mali for now.
I plan to spend a few days in Dakar and then possibly fly to the
states.
I will update when I am safely in Dakar.
Blessings, Erin

2 comments:

  1. In the name of Jesus, I call upon the Holy Spirit power to dismantle the stronghold of violence and darkness of Islam in the nation of Mali. I also pray for JP and Erin to continue trusting and walking with God as they are forced to leave their ministry and friends in Mali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If needed: Missionaries Rick & Donna Whitcomb have been in Africa for 30 years at Agape Gospel Mission & Agape Cheldren's Home Accra-Ghana West Africa 800 miles north of Mali. 011.233.30.254.4355

    ReplyDelete