Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

at the market

I spent some time wandering through the market and taking a few pictures while I was at it. Usually you have to ask before taking pictures even of things, and most people I encountered here didn't want their picture taken - some people are very superstitious and think that getting their picture taken could capture their soul or something weird like that. So I asked and was allowed to take pictures of the baskets (I would have liked to buy a few but they don't pack so well into a suitcase!) and the peppers and the fabric. There is certainly no lack of color in an African market! When I asked one man if I could take a picture of his table covered in chickens (they were alive with feet attached, about 20 of them laying on a table) he asked me for 5000 francs. When I just stared at him he said "ok, make it 2000 francs." So I said nevermind and moved along.


No comments:

Post a Comment