Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

adult education - reading and writing

For my 2nd time in the village, I traveled with my friend again, but I was supposed to be going to meet a new family that will be "my" family in the village.  When we arrived I called the man because he was supposed to come find me and show me how to get to his house.  He was out working in his garden/field however, and he said he would come to get me in about an hour.  You have to just go with it, whatever "it" is today.  I went into the courtyard of my friend's family, and sat for a few minutes.  Then it was off for another adventure - to the ladies learning to read and write school.  I found this to be really interesting.  A teacher had written on 2 chalkboards in front of the class and the women were supposed to copy what was written.  My friend and I were given some paper and expected to do the work, too.  I didn't get too far in copying, mostly because I decided it would be more interesting to take pictures, as you can see.  My host man showed up and I got to meet him and I left to walk with him to his house.  After a few hours I met back up with my friend and we traveled back into the city together.

No comments:

Post a Comment