Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

English school party picture

Yay!  Another trimester of English classes completed!
Now I have 3 weeks before the next trimester begins, but I am not exactly doing nothing.  In addition to my regular Bambara lessons, I've started visiting a nearby village once a week for practice.  Next week I'll spend the whole week in a village with a small team from my group.  Then we have registration nights at English school.  For now I am working to finish up a translation project.  Our curriculum at English school is made of 5 books/levels.  I teach level 1, and we say it is the beginner level, but real beginners have a hard time as it is all in English and assumes the learners have a bit of English already.  The publisher has made a level 0 book.  I am helping to put the French words for things to prepare it for printing.
It is nice to have a little break from classes, but I am looking forward to the new classes starting.  It will be fun but kind of sad for me because it will be my last trimester of teaching here.  In only 3 1/2 months we are planning to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment