Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

pretty(?) taxi

I snapped a couple pictures last week on one of my taxi rides to show you how drivers often decorate their taxis.  In the top photo you see the fancy fringe (with beads even! oh la la!) that is tacked up all around the inside, and in the bottom there is some grey stuff that always makes me think of muppet fur/hair.  Every taxi has things hanging from the rearview mirror.  I remember how I was once pulled over (in the states) and the police officer asked me to remove the small necklace charm I had hanging off of my rearview mirror.  I guess that here the police don't care.  This guy has some kind of snowman windsock (ironic seeing as there is never snow here), an air freshener, and a piece of cloth or scarf or something.  Very often there are Muslim prayer beads.  Or small stuffed animals.  I usually recognize the stuffed animal characters and I will ask the drivers if they know who they are.  Once it was a chicken from "Chicken Run" and the guy said he had actually seen the movie.  Another time there was Alvin the Chipmunk and the guy said he didn't know what kind of animal it was supposed to be.  Maybe I am easily amused, but I get a kick out of all the tacky taxi décor.

1 comment:

  1. LIKE, don't know how many people are reading these Erin, but they should! Fun, very interesting, very informative! :)

    ReplyDelete