Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beach Day


When I am in Mali I really miss the beach.  I've had a few chances to swim in pools in Mali, and those opportunities have been wonderful and welcome relief from the sweltering heat.  But a pool is not the beach.  I love the sand, the waves, the birds, the nature of it all.  I dream about how I'm going to spend all this time at the beach when I get to the states, but then things get busy, and the beach isn't so close, and it just happens that I haven't gotten to go too often to the beach when I get back to the states.  So when I do get there I want to take it all in, savor the moment, make it a memory in my head that I can think back to on one of those 108-degree-with-no-A/C-days in Mali
I had a really nice time at the beach the other day.  Sun was shining, breeze was keeping it not too hot, the water was... well, its Lake Superior, so the water was absolutely freezing cold!


My mom was a lot braver or tougher than me, and I only got my legs in the water.  In the above picture you can see my mom's head, so she was actually swimming!  Way to go Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment