Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

feeding the pets




Here is a photo of me with the disgusting concoction of petfood I make every few weeks. Its a bit blurry, but you get the idea of what a huge bowl of gross stuff I mix up.



If we are eating rice or pasta or to or something that the animals will eat, they get some of our leftovers. But we often have a big green salad at night for dinner, and they won't eat that. And I'm not going to share my breakfast bread with them. So I bag up this nasty petfood and stick the bags in the freezer so that there can always be a bit of something to give them.



There is no recipe, its just whatever I have on hand and think of that might be good to throw in. In general it consists of:



*boiled up dried fish
*rice
*old stale bread cut up
*old pasta or whatever needs to get cleared out of the fridge
*a really cheap spinach type leaf all cut up and cooked
*old grease or oil we saved from cooking meat
*corn porridge (this glues it all together)



The animals love this stuff, though I think I could cook cardboard with the dried fish and top it with old meat grease and they'd gobble it up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment