Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

another kids' lesson

I usually plan for 40 kids.  But in the last few weeks we've had up to 70!  Wow!
Most weeks I prepare a lesson and a coloring sheet to go along with it.  The coloring sheet has a verse (usually in French and Bambara) and a scene from the story.  We have been learning some songs and practicing them each week, too.  I try to make up some kind of actions to go with the words of the songs because that makes it easier to remember the words and most of the really little kids don't sing much but they have fun doing the actions.


 Sometimes you just need a nap!

Who knows why I received a bag of salt at the end of the church service last Sunday? 
It was given out because an engagement was announced.  I've been in Mali almost 8 years and I still haven't figured out if there is a great significance to this or if that's just the way it is because it's always been that way.  Well, now I don't need to buy cooking salt for a while!  This salt is big pieces, it looks like what you'd sprinkle on ice in the winter.  We use this in preparing food if it will dissolve.  Otherwise I buy regular, more expensive salt to sprinkle on food or for baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment