Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

book bags and school update

Here are a couple recent pictures from English school.  There was a women's group in America that sewed and then sent book bags for us to give to the students.  The students were so happy for this present.  Isn't it funny how they put them on around their necks?  This is just how its done here.  
We are just over halfway through with the current trimester and classes are going great!  I spent 3 weeks with an extra class, Level 5.  We have so many students wanting to take classes and not enough teachers to go around, so we decided to split the level 5 class between 4 of us so each teacher took 3 weeks of teaching.  My favorite class is always Level 1, the lowest/beginner level, so it was very different teaching Level 5, the highest level.  I enjoyed trying something new and the students were terrific, but I'm kind of glad that the extra load is done because my schedule is already pretty full.
I brought cake to give to my classes last week.  Someone asked if it was my birthday.  I said "no, the cake is just because I like you guys!"  I love my students and teaching English.  Its so cool when I see one of them out in town somewhere.  Of course I have to think quick and see if I can come up with their name, but even if I can't it's still fun.  In class I have them wear nametags, but I usually have learned all (or at least most!) of their names after the first month.


No comments:

Post a Comment