Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

des escargots


 
During rainy season there are snails in our yard!  Here are 7 big ones that were collected when the leaves were raked recently.  I put my foot in the picture so you can have a better idea of their size.  I went outside and saw them all sitting there, and I wasn't sure why they had been collected together like that and what I should then do with them.  I think they are pretty gross and kind of creepy, and the last thing I need is for them to get together and breed more gross and creepy snails in my yard, so I pushed them into a dustpan with a stick and threw them out into the street where there are some green plants growing.  I don't understand where the snails go when it is the dry time of the year.  Its the same thing for the toads around here.  I haven't seen any yet this year, but soon we will have an abundance of toads for a couple of months.  After awhile you start seeing completely flattened dehydrated toads in the street, and then as suddenly as they appeared there are no more toads again for many months.

No comments:

Post a Comment