Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

yum, yum

Oh, the delights to be found in my kitchen!
When I got back to Mali after being in the USA for 3 months, there were a few bugs in my kitchen.  Here are pictures showing what I found in two of my Tupperware containers; I think one was regular flour and the other was corn flour.  Yuck. 


This is what we had cooking on our stove the other weekend.  Can you tell what it is? 
We had a party for the Centre at our house and made a special meal which featured chicken.  To get the chickens Jean-Patrick went to the place on the side of the road where they have live caged chickens.  He discussed price and the seller brought out a couple chickens then took them over to the big rock behind the cages to chop off their heads and feet and pluck them.  Jean-Patrick brought the heads home (thats what you see here, it was 2 roosters - you can easily see the spiky comb on the right side) to cook up and give to our dog and cat as a treat.  He left the feet with a couple of kids who were hanging around.  I don't really understand how chicken feet can be eaten.  Not only that I find it repulsive, but I just can't understand what is there that can be consumed.  But I don't want to find out. 

1 comment: