Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

clean water



We are blessed to have pretty good water at our house that is piped from a water tower in town. I drink it untreated from time to time (like if I'm offered a drink at a friends house or when I'm brushing my teeth and just need a little sip after) and I've never gotten sick from it. But we do filter water at home and drink filtered water most of the time. We have a metal unit that you put untreated water in the top of, then it passes through 3 ceramic "candles" (what you see in the photo) into the bottom tank that has a spout. We fill plastic bottles with the filtered water and put them in the fridge.
In the photo you can see how dirty the candles (filters) get - the one on the left has been scrubbed clean. Even though the more important work that they are doing is filtering out invisible stuff that could make us sick, its cool to be able to see some of what they are keeping out of my drinking water.




No comments:

Post a Comment