Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Update - progress made

Sometimes it seems like things move so much slower here than I would like, but as I look back over the last few weeks I can see that there has actually been a lot of progress made. 

We now have a fantastic wooden armoire to contain all of our clothes in our bedroom. And we have a big wood kitchen table to eat and work off of. We are still waiting on the bed frame. Our carpenter does a nice job, but he takes a long time to finish things.
We have a stove and a fridge in our kitchen. We bought living room furniture and it is waiting in Bamako. Someone that we didn’t even know before, a friend of a friend, is going to be bringing it to us soon. He also transported the fridge for us – and free of charge.
We were given the rare opportunity to buy some used furniture at great prices from someone who is leaving town. Our house isn’t so empty now. J I was so blessed by this because it seemed to me like we wouldn’t have much furniture for a long time, I couldn’t find a solution to not having enough money to buy enough furniture. But instead of having more money, we found things to buy at a lower price – its like the money was multiplied! 

All of these things that seemed overwhelming or impossible to me before have worked out – and not because of my efforts. I am very blessed and so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment