Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chicken anyone?


The first couple days of school have been, well... interesting. I guess it will take awhile to get used to things and figure out just what I am supposed to be doing. A big challenge is that I am not fluent in French, and even if I were it would be difficult because many of the kids in the kindergarden don't yet speak much French (and I don't know any Bambara.)
So today when I asked some of them to draw mangoes on their papers they just stared at me blankly. Some of them seem to still be trying to figure the white lady out, and some of them want so sit on my lap and hold my hand already.
This picture is of my friend Etienne holding the chickens that were given today as a welcome gift to me and Sophie, another Western girl who is here to help in the school this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment