Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

study break with Moussa

Our little neighbor Moussa is pretty cute when he isn't screaming and crying.  He lives with his mom and dad in a magasin (like a storage room) about 10 feet from my window, and spends much of his day hanging out and playing and mostly crying about 5 feet from my living room and kitchen windows.  I am seriously ready to have our own private peaceful courtyard again!  I blame the crying on a lack of parenting skills- he has clearly learned that if he fusses and screams enough he will get whatever it is that he wants.  Moussa and our dog Teddy are buddies, and I am impressed by how good Teddy is with this little one who is not always gentle.  Sometimes Moussa comes in the house to visit.  He has gone pee-pee on my floor a couple times since he doesn't wear diapers.  But usually he just hangs out for a while and checks out all of the interesting things in our house.  He is especially interested in our water filter- its amazing how you can turn a knob and water comes out and keeps coming out.  That was another wet puddle I had to clean up.  He is at a stage where he is trying to talk a lot, but most of what comes out of his mouth is just sounds.  A few weeks ago he started trying to repeat the "cou-cou!" I would greet him with when I saw him peeking into my kitchen window.  At first he was saying "tou-tou!" but he finally got the "k" sound down, and now he will come to my window and shout "cou-cou!" before I even notice him there.
In the picture you can see JP taking a little study break to visit with Moussa.

No comments:

Post a Comment