Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

bagged water

This is a scene I came upon the other day when I turned a corner at market. I thought it was cool and something I’d never see back in the states. Maybe there it would be a bunch of boys making stockpiles of water ballons instead.

These ladies are making plastic bags of water to sell. In hot season we need to drink a lot of water here! This water is straight from the tap, so I can’t drink it. When I go on bus trips I can find sealed bags of water, they are blue and have printing on them, and that water is safe to drink, so I do get to have the experience of biting a hole in the corner and drinking out of a plastic bag. Have you ever drank your water that way? There are also big plastic bottles of water that can be found, but these are a lot more expensive and not as interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment